UTG 3-9×32 1” BugBuster Scope, AO, RGB Mil-dot, QD-rings Review
The UTG BugBuster Scope: Precision on mid to long ranges
If you are a good shot or a novice hunter keen to take the guesswork out of your aiming a good scope will make your day much easier. You will be able to finely tune your zero on the target and have more ammo reaching the bullseye.
But as any good hunter knows, you need to know your gear, your target and how to respond to the conditions, so you need the facts. It is no different when you buy a new piece of kit.
In this review we take a look at the UTG Bugbuster scope, we go through its features and let you know what its good and bad points are.
The UTG BugBuster scope has a one inch tube with emerald coating and this ensures maximum light transmission to keep images in your sight clear. It comes with premium Zero lockable and resettable turrets.
The turrets have ¼ MOA (minute of angle) per click adjustment. The objective is also adjustable from 3 yards to infinity. The scope has red/green illumination and a large field of view.
The UTG Bugbuster scope also comes with a 2 inch (50mm) sunshade and has flip-open lens caps and quick detachable rings. It is sealed and nitrogen filled to ensure that it is fog, rain and shock proof.
- This scope has a one inch tube that is coated with Emerald, so the light transmission is most efficient
- It has turrets with ¼ Minute of angle adjustment and that come with zero lock
- It has a range estimating mil-dot reticle for precise target acquisition
- The objective is adjustable form 3 yards (2.7 m) to infinity
- It comes with Red/green dual illumination for a variety of applications
- It has a large field of view and generous eye relief
- It has a 2 inch (50 mm) sunshade and flip-open lens caps as well as quick-release rings
- It is constructed with the TS (true strength) platform for more reliability
- The magnification is 3-9 x 32
- It is sealed and filled with nitrogen and is rain, fog and shock proof
- Weight: 13.9 ounces (395 g)
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 3.4 x 3.9 inches (248 x86 x99 mm)
- This scope has sharp optics
- The lighted reticle works well against dark targets
- The knobs for the adjustment of windage and elevation click nicely and locks well
- It is a compact scope
- The turrets track very well
- It is lightweight and can be mounted on a pistol
- It is a good scope for ranges of 50-100 yards
- It is easy to zero
- The cover for the battery that powers the lighted reticle unscrews when the knobs are turned
- There is some distortion at the edge of the view
- The lens cap does not fit very tight and can fall off
- The scope requires fine tuning with each distance change
The optics of this UTG Bugbuster are clear and sharp especially for a scope of this price range. It is more compact than many other scopes of this price range and will look good on your weapon. It is shorter than other scopes that offer this level of magnification and is quite light.
It can be mounted on a pistol and will suit rimfire rifles. It is easy to zero and the lighted reticle works well against darker targets.
There are some issues with the lens caps and battery covers not staying put when you want them to. There may be some distortion at the edge of the viewing field and the scope will require some fine tuning, especially with many distance changes.
However this is a good scope for mid to long range precision shooting.
This is a more compact scope than others on the market and it comes with a sun shade, QD rings and has a good solid construction. The optics are good and will give you a nice and sharp field of view.
This is a good scope for shorter ranges, but other scopes for a little more money will do better over ranges of 300-600 yards. This compact guy will do best at ranges of about 100 yards.
This is not a fast scope like some of its competitors. It will need fine tuning and careful adjustment after distance changes. It will suit you well if you are someone who spends most of your time calmly taking aim on the range.
On the other hand, if you need quick adjustments on varying distances for fast moving targets this UTG Bugbuster will not be in its element.
There is no reason to spend a huge amount of money if you need a good tactical scope to shoot on the range. The UTG is good quality for the price, compact and can be adjusted to fine points.
This is a good scope for someone on a budget. This scope will be suitable for a small game, close range rimfire rifle, but might not handle the recoil of a centrefire rifle that well.
This scope will work for you if you are an enthusiastic hobbyist who like the range and want to progress to using scopes. Use this compact UTG Bugbuster scope where it is most comfortable, with mid to long range precision shooting on the range, and it will perform very well.